Privacy and Security Policy
Easy ACH File Creator
(Revision July 15, 2014)
This Coastal Software & Consulting, Inc. End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Coastal Software & Consulting, Inc. for the software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT"). The SOFTWARE PRODUCT also includes any updates and supplements to the original SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to you by Coastal Software & Consulting, Inc. Any software provided along with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT that is associated with a separate end-user license agreement is licensed to you under the terms of that license agreement. By installing, copying, downloading, accessing, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; you may, however, return it to your place of purchase for a full refund.
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by Coastal Software varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with Coastal Software.
- Browsing the Website: When You browse the company's website, Coastal Software may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. Information collected while You're browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, Coastal Software services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, Coastal Software may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Gateway Services: When You register to use Coastal Software online processing services ("Gateway Services"), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with Coastal Software. If You ordered any products or services from businesses that use our Gateway Services ("Coastal Software Customers"), You were required to submit personally identifiable information ("Order Information"). Coastal Software Customers transmit Order Information to Coastal Software for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. and may also be maintained in servers located in Europe or Asia, depending on where the order originates or the geographic location of a Coastal Software Customer. Coastal Software may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Applying for a Merchant Account: When You submit an application to obtain a merchant account through Coastal Software, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, Coastal Software may also obtain information about You from third party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with Coastal Software. Coastal Software never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while You're browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of Coastal Software.
- Inquiries: Information collected during the course of You submitting an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call may be used by Coastal Software to respond to Your inquiries or to contact You to inform You of services of Coastal Software that may be of use to You. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by Coastal Software, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of Coastal Software Services: If You are a Coastal Software Customer, Coastal Software will use Your Information during the course of providing You with the Gateway Services. During the course of providing such services, Coastal Software may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with Coastal Software to perform certain functions of the Gateway Services on our behalf ("Subcontractors"). Coastal Software may also use Your Information to contact You about other Coastal Software offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third party vendors. Coastal Software may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If You are a customer of a Coastal Software Customer, Coastal Software will use Order Information during the course of providing processing services to such Coastal Software Customer. Coastal Software may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing Gateway Services to Coastal Software Customers, Coastal Software may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for a Merchant Account: If You apply for a merchant account from or through Coastal Software, Coastal Software may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for a merchant account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the merchant account services. Coastal Software may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the merchant account services. Coastal Software may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, about other Coastal Software offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. Coastal Software may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to Coastal Software or if You are a Coastal Software Customer, periodically, Coastal Software may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between Coastal Software and Coastal Software Customers, Coastal Software and Subcontractors, and Coastal Software and other third party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: Coastal Software may use Information to conduct internal investigations. Coastal Software may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
C. INFORMATION SECURITY
Coastal Software is committed to privacy and security. Coastal Software is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI DSS") as a Level 2 service provider. Coastal Software has been compliant with PCI DSS since its inception in 2002. PCI DSS is the bankcard industry's most stringent security standard. Examples of Coastal Software's security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from Coastal Software Customers; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third party security experts.
D. CORRECTION AND DELETION OF INFORMATION
If You want Coastal Software to correct or delete Your Information that is stored on Coastal Software systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
Coastal Software & Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 872106
Vancouver, WA 98687-2106
ATTN: Customer Service
Fax: (360) 891.6174
Subject to our ability to verify Your request and provided that Coastal Software is not required to maintain the Information by applicable laws, regulations, or contractual obligations, Coastal Software will correct or delete the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.
Deposit for QuickBooks
Deposit for Peachtree Accounting
Deposit for Canadian QuickBooks
Deposit for Canadian Peachtree
Deposit for Accounting Software